Friday 31 October 2014

238 Little Bourke Street Melbourne 3000
03 9650 6663

Want a quick, cheap Japanese fix? Well Rice workshop is your solution.

As a soft serve lover, I knows about Rice workshop famous green tea soft serve for months, but I just has not got a chance to try out until now. Rice workshop is located in China town in Melbourne CBD. It offer a cheap Japanese classic such as chicken karrage, japanese curry, ontama beef and so on. I was really there just to try out their soft serve, but it just happen to be dinner time, so I just had to grab a dinner from there.

Green Tea Soft Serve ($2)
 I had the Ontama salmon, which is raw salmon top with poach egg. When serve, Rice workshop provide a self serve sources. Therefore, I added a bit of chili and radish. However my friend he ordered chicken karaage, and chicken karaage with not be complete without a flooded with Japanese's mayo.
Chicken Karaage
 For the price of around $10, our dinner was great! Simple, quick yet satisfy our Japanese craving. Now is time for what we came here for. The soft serve! Only for the price of $2 each I got a decent serving of soft serve. Unfortunately, for me I felt that the favor of green tea was not intense enough. I mean, everything else about the good soft serve was there. But if Rice workshop didn't tell me that it was green tea soft serve, I would have enjoy it more.
Ontama Salmon
Rice workshop is a great place that offer classic simple Japanese dishes. The service is fast and efficient, which anyone on the run. Their dishes are flavorsome, which was enough to make me feel gracious dinning there.

Rice Workshop on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment