Thursday 27 November 2014

535 Little Lonsdale St Melbourne, VIC 3000
03 9973 1761

As a Thai foodie person, I have an insanely high standard when it's come to Thai food. I expected that Thai food serve to capital city of foodie like Melbourne should be serve at the same or similar standard as Thai food in Thailand. Thai food at Mr. Nice guy tick all the boxes of what Thai food should be in my book.

Thai coconut roast chicken with cauliflower 
 Mr. Nice Guy, is a place that takes on classic Thai dishes and twist it up in Melbourne style. Simply, it's Thai fusion place. One of my favourite Thai dish in Thailand is eastern Thai food. The dishes that you would generally expected from this cuisine includes: grill chicken, sticky rice, papaya salad, and so on. Mr. Nice Guy has exactly the eastern Thai food, but with Melbourne twist. Rather than the typical delicious grill chicken, Mr. Nice Guy grill the chicken with coconut, which was difference from the original but yum!

Deconstructed cheesecake with smoke pineapple
I can not wait for desert, as I generally do not enjoy Thai desert, but I love Melbourne desert. Hence, I was really much interested on how would Mr. Nice Guy will takes on Thai desert. I decided to go with deconstructed cheesecake with smoke pineapple. The cheesecake part was really nice! Creamy, little tang of lime, and slight aroma of lime and vanilla. When eat it together with the crumb disquiet, and the smoke pineapple, all the wow factors were hit the spot! I seriously enjoy this desert so much that if I was alone, I would probably lick the plate!

I can not wait to fine a time to visit Mr. Nice Guy again. It blow me away with the way they cook Thai food, and gave me so much gracious experience, that I didn't even though I could get from eating Thai food outside Thailand!

Mr. Nice Guy on Urbanspoon

Mr. Nice Guy on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment